Why Is It Important To Recruit Right Staff
One of the challenges of any business is staff retention.
Staff turnover is very common in any business and the bosses always face the issue of staffs resigning and having problem to recruit staffs to work especially the right staff.
Why do staff resign?
a lot of companies are not able to keep their staffs for long, the staff turnover is so high, it makes them need to recruit new staffs every month.
Most companies always take the easy way out by blaming the staffs for not able to work long hour and so on instead of reviewing whether all these are because of their own doing which cause the resignation.
What are the effect of high staff turnover
with high staff turnover, the continuity of the work is in doubt.
For staffs who resign, the position will be vacant before the new staff comes on board
worse if the staff resigns and new staff has not joined yet, no one does the hand over to the incoming staff. Incoming staff will not know the background of the transaction.
How to do staff recruitment?
with vacancy in company, the Human Resource Department will need to do some recruitment to replace the resigned staff and get someone to do the work.
The HR department either do the recruitment themselves or engage the recruitment agency and or head-hunting firm to do the hiring.
There are some advantages and disadvantages of doing the recruitment on your own instead of using the headhunting firm or recruitment agency
1. HR staffs get to review the applicants’ information closely.
2. Save cost in engaging a recruitment firm.
3. Able to understand the candidates better.
1. time-consuming in sorting out voluminous applications.
2. May not have the time and resource to do the screening of candidate.
Some firms when they think it is too time-consuming to screen applications and do the background check, they will decide to engage a recruitment firm to do the work.
However by doing so, there are some advantages and disadvantages of doing so too.
1. Free up the times of sorting out the applications and use the time to do the normal HR work.
2. Recruitment firms have better resources to do the background check of the candidates.
3. Recruitment will do the first round interview and shortlist the “right” candidate for the company.
1. Not able to know the candidate is the one whom thee recruitment firm has been marketing for various companies.
2. some more suitable candidate may be dismissed by the recruitment firm.
3. Recruitment firms use some filtering software to filter the applications which they have set some wrong benchmark and by doing so, eliminate some good candidate.
Why do some firms use agencies to hire staffs always do not work out well?
Some firms after engaging recruitment firm to do the hiring, if they really do an analysis, will find the candidate/staff recruited via agency, normally do not seem to stay long in the company.
there are various reasons why this is so.
1. As I mentioned earlier, recruitment agency use a software to filter the applications.
2. If they set the parameter of filter wrongly, then good candidate may be eliminated in first filtering.
3. For example, when hiring a CFO, some firm may require candidate to have either a degree or professional qualification, .
4. If the recruitment agency does not how one can be a professional accountant without a degree, he or she will set the parameter and those with professional qualification but not degree will not be selected.
5. If that happens, the good candidate with professional qualification but no degree will miss out.
6. When this happens, the hiring company will miss having a good staff.
because of wrong parameter set in the filtering software, the hiring miss out recruiting the right staff.
We know how important it is to recruit the right staff for the job.
this in a way will ensure the staff will stay longer in the job and not job hopping,
Having the right staff will also ensure the company has less staff turnover, we know high staff turnover is bad for the company, not only it affects the morale of the other staffs, it also gives a bad reputation to the company.
In Astute Business Advisory, we help our clients to recruit the right staffs for the job.
we emphasis the importance of knowing the culture and the work ethnic of the company and we see whether the candidate can fit in smoothly and seamlessly.
the most important thing is we in Astute Business Advisory will not use the software to filter applications for jobs we posted.
We also set priority in getting the groups of candidates who are unemployed and looking for jobs, for those who are currently having jobs, we will not consider their applications.
For those companies who want to hire the right staff, do get in contact us and discuss your requirement and we will advise you what type of right staff you should hire for your company.